Rejuvenate your facial appearance with chemical peels in Frisco, Texas! Our experienced esthetician can provide many kinds of peels, depending on the concerns you have for your skin. To learn more about the customized skin care we can provide to you at Dental Spa Of Texas, please reach out to our office manager, Samantha, at (972) 954-5331!
Chemical peels are used to restore the skin and to slow the aging process. Skin that is blemished, wrinkled or unevenly pigmented may benefit from chemical peels. During a chemical peel, chemicals are applied to the skin to peel away the top layer of skin. The healing process is triggered and causes new skin cells to form, resulting in tighter, brighter and smoother skin. Most types of chemical peels can be completed in under an hour and are repeated, as recommended by our esthetician, for best results.
Some of the common types of chemical peels include:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) Peels – Mild chemical peels that are commonly used to improve the appearance of fine lines, produce a more even skin tone and smooth rough skin.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Peels – Peels that may be used to treat acne-prone skin. BHA peels are slightly deeper and have longer-lasting results.
- Jessner’s Peel – A combination of several ingredients, this peel is a little stronger than AHA and BHA formulas. Jessner’s peels are typically used for skin that is too damaged for AHA peels but doesn’t require deep treatment.
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Peels – Medium-strength chemical peels that can be used to improve a variety of conditions, including sun damage, acne scarring, and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Phenol Peel – Designed to treat deep wrinkles, precancerous growths and skin imperfections, this peel works more deeply than most. Phenol peel appointments generally require an hour or two. Anesthesia is recommended during the procedure.
To learn more and set an appointment, we welcome you to contact our office manager, Samantha, today!